Horrorfest: The Curse of Andy Dwyer


It's not the worst curse though. Mostly it just involves Chris Pratt following you around ad-libbing.

Hello and welcome to BGAN's annual Horrorfest where we celebrate at great length anything and everything relating to horror and Halloween, as that is my personal best time of the year. I've actually contemplated just splicing my own DNA with that of a pumpkin, thus birthing my perfect child into this world.

The results were mildly horrifying, so I'm thinking of adopting this little scamp instead.

And yes, it's been fairly quiet around here, mostly because I have been prepping this whole thing. You see, as I got hit so hard by being sick during Kaijuly, I cooked up a suitable apology: Horrorfest is now two months. That's right, bleeders, you get two solid months of all of this. Ground rules are the same: I get two days to rest each week, because I need to keep sane and rest properly. But otherwise, it's more spoopyness than you can shake a tree full of skeletons at.

That's a whole heap of billowy boners.

This month we're going to go over some classic horror films, some terrible horror films, some beloved specials, at least one comic series, and we'll kick off our very first contest. It's going to be one hell of a ride and I hope you'll all ride it with me as I bask in the glow of my favourite time of the year. After all, if there's one thing I know more than anything, it's horror stuff.

Seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Without further ado or build up, let's get this show on the road. What's first? A very particular film that I love quite a bit and a tearful adieu to the icon who starred in it. I'll see you all later today when it goes up. Until then, keep being spooky and remember that nothing is scarier than the comments section. Oh, and the title? Yeah, that was just me playing off of the Curse of Michael Myers, not cutting down Andy. I love me some Andy.

Pictured here with my spirit animal, the noble opossum.

Comments